Monday, December 22, 2008

Ups and Downs...

I've been having some really unsettling dreams the last couple of nights. And with each night of bad dreams my days get lower and lower. I'm not sure why, I'm hoping it's just hormones. I was on the verge of tears for the entire day today, unlike the regular mood with the random crying jag I've had until now.

But, on a good note, there was more Jilly progress today. I started teaching her to shake, in addition to working on sit, down, stand, and touch. We also decided it would be good for Craig to try asking her to do things, and she responded very well to his commands to sit, stand, down, and touch. I was very impressed with her responses, because I really thought that he would have to do *some* retraining, even if it was a quick refresher, but as soon as he had the hand signals right she was trucking right along for him. It was awesome.

Kitty also chased Jilly a couple of times today. Jilly wasn't quite sure what to think of it, but Kitty was getting into it. It all started when Kitty was sitting on the floor, amongst the things that Jilly was learning to touch, during our training session. She was *very* interested in what Jilly and I were doing, trying to figure out exactly why Jilly was doing all of those silly things for me I think. Once I picked everything up and put it back on the coffee table Kitty started eyeing Jilly with that "let's play" look, and she chased her a bit.

I thought it was great progress. Jilly also figured out that she could jump one of her living room barier and gain access to the dining room. That was great fun. Craig piled some towels on the ammo can that is her barrier, and she just climbed right over the towels, even quicker than jumping the barrier by itself. So the ammo can is now on a pile of books, which is successfully thwarting Jilly.

It's still very cold, but Jilly is getting better and better at wearing her little jackets, and I think they help some, when we're outside. We only go out long enough to potty and then she gets her treat and comes straight back in. Right now coming in is as much of a reward as playing in the yard was when it was warmer. Though Jilly did venture out into the yard a bit while it was still sunny outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment