Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Torture...

Today Jilly suffered through her first nail trim at our house. I only did her front feet because she really disliked it, but she put up with it and was faily good (but squirmed a lot for the last two nails on each front paw). I even did her nails without needing Craig to hold her still. I'm going to try to handle her feet every day to get her more used to it.

Jilly did very good with potty training today, she went much longer (2 to 4 hours) between potty breaks (yesterday she went out almost every hour and a half). She slept most of the day, because yesterday was the vet/pet store visit and then my parents visited in the evening, so Jilly was hyper all day, excited about the company.

I tried making her a little staircase to get up on the couch, but she isn't really using it, it's much easier for us to just pick her up! Kitty and Jilly kind of played together today. Kitty ran after Jilly a couple of times, and Jilly has become more daring in her runs toward Kitty. Jilly also started really going after her Kong and her other food stuff chew toy, which is good. She's ignored them up until now.

We're watching Gremlins in honor of Jilly, since I think Papillons look at little like Gizmo. I even made it further in the movie, normally I have to turn it off once the other gremlins start being mean to Gizmo before they turn all green.

Oh, and Jilly likes string cheese! She got a couple of small pieces of string cheese yesterday so that she'd eat her heartworm and dewormer pills (I folded cheese over each pill and she didn't even notice them. I was surprised, she ate them right up, much easier than giving a pill to a horse, or a cat!

I'm working on more pictures to share, I'll probably have them ready tomorrow.

1 comment: