Friday, December 19, 2008

Smarter Than Your Average Dog...

It is becoming hard to practice "sit" with Jilly. Whenever I am working with her, she sits. All the time. So we've been working on lay down and stand as well. I'm using the clicker, just to click the instant she does what I want, so that if I'm clumsy with giving her the treat, she understands she was good and did what I wanted. She's very good at lay down and sit, when I'm holding a treat. Actually, she sits as soon as I say her name, so I think that right now she thinks "Jilly" means sit. When I ask her to stand and use the treat to lure her into standing, she hops, still in the sitting position forward. She refuses to stand up, just keep sitting but moving toward the treat, it's sooooo cute. She started getting the hang of it though, and right now going from lay down to sit consists of her popping straight up into the air for the treat, then settling into a sit.

I made stairs out of boxes for her, and she didn't use it much, but then we put pillows to make it more into a ramp and she loves it. She's still doing a good job of going potty outside, and Kitty is closer to playing with her. This afternoon Kitty was sleeping on my lap and Jilly was on the cushion, by the end of the nap Jilly's hind feet were touching Kitty and neither were caring, even after they noticed.








3 comments:

  1. i'm still living vicariously here so thanks for all the adorable pictures and updates. i'll say it again. what a DOLL! I love her little face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... its so smarter than all.
    So cute :)

    Dog Stairs

    ReplyDelete