Sunday, December 14, 2008

Meet Jilly...

It's kind of funny that I'm writing a meet Jilly entry, when *I* haven't even met Jilly yet, but I do have some pictures to share. Jilly is a Papillon puppy. She was born September 29, 2008, near Cleveland, OH. We're picking her up in just a few hours, but the breeder said that it would be ok for me to use the pictures she's sent me on my blog and website, so I wanted to get a baby Jilly entry up.

Craig and I were going through a rough time emotionally, we had a doctor's appointment at 11 weeks and discovered that the baby did not have a heartbeat. It was also measuring 3 weeks too small. We were devastated and in the week before my D&C, unsure of how to mourn. One night the power went out (which it tends to do for no reason which I still don't understand), so we decided to go out for dinner. We went to Outback and then did some Christmas shopping. Then we went to Petland. I just wanted to look at the puppies, because they always make me feel better, even if they are in small cages and lonely.

One of the puppies was a Papillon, and just the cutest thing ever. The girl that worked there got the puppy out and we held it and played with it. It was quiet and sweet, and had the biggest ears on its little head. I fell in love with the puppy, but not with where it came from and the price tag. So we went home and did more research on Papillons and got more and more excited about the breed. We started contacting brreders and found one with two puppies available. We started talking to breeder and working out the details to pick up Jilly on December 14th.

We're planning on teaching Jilly basic obedience commands, as many tricks as possible, and doing agility with Jilly, even if it's just using some homemade obstacles in our back yard. Jilly was being called Lola at the breeder's, but we like our animals names to end with the "ee" sounds (Jessie, Sophie, Kitty, Elphie, etc) and my sister suggested Jilly. We thought it was really cute and the breeder thought it was very British (Jilly's daddy came from England and her mommy came from Canada).

Anyway, on to the pictures!














No comments:

Post a Comment