Monday, December 22, 2008

Jilly, sit...


Jilly, lay down...


Jilly, stand...


Jilly, lay down...


Jilly, sit...


Obviously these pictures were not taken during training, they are used here solely for illustrative purposes. We added something new last night, "touch". The previous night we had started on touching an upside down jar candle. Last night, on Craig's suggestion, we worked on it more. With a flashlight, magnet, wallet, closed knife, and burnt out light bulb. It was amazing how quickly she caught on. When I added something new and pointed at it while saying touch she would go through and touch everything we'd been working on, before finally coming back to what I was pointing at. After that, she would have no problems touching it. I think that knowing to "touch" is going to come in handy for teaching her to ring a bell to go outside.

I was using the clicker while teaching her to touch, which I think helped a lot. Toward the end I was even making it harder by simply pointing at what I wanted her to touch and saying touch, instead of tapping it myself. Now we just need to get her some bells!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Jilly is precious!!! I am glad that you are having such a good time with her. :)

    How are you feeling??? I just read your post about the pregnancy test. I am sorry...that would be difficult. Just know that your body did not betray you, and one day you will have a little baby to hold.

    Take care, and saty warm!!

    ReplyDelete