Sunday, December 14, 2008

Meet Elphie...

Elphie is a year younger than Kitty and came from a Jack's Aquarium and Pets. We picked her out right after closing on our house, she was the friendliest kitten in the pet store, and reminded me of Anya, the cat I had while in New Jersey that died while I was in Korea. We asked the pet store if we could pick her up in a week, after we visited Craig's parents. We stopped by my parents house on the way back to pick up Kitty and then Jack's to pick up Elphie. Then we went on to the new house, where the two cats could meet for the first time.

Elphie's real name is Elphaba, because Craig and I got engaged the same weeked we saw Wicked on Broadway. We have since seen Wicked off Broadway two more times. (Elphaba is the name of the Wicked Witch in the book/musical). Fortunately Elphie was small enough that Kitty didn't find her too threatening, and Kitty mainly avoided Elphie while Elphie followed Kitty like a shadow.

Elphie is still in love with Kitty, though she comes to Craig and I when she wants petted. She'll sometimes sleep with me, or curl up on the couch with me, but not nearly to the extent that Kitty does. She plays fetch with Craig but otherwise he's kind of petless in a household full of pets. Hopefully Jilly is a more neutral pet, looking to both of us for affection.









Kitty wasn't quite sure what to think of this little black furry thing. I expect we'll be seeing this look a bit once Kitty lays eyes on Jilly too!





No comments:

Post a Comment