Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuckered Out...

Oh my, we had a *busy* day today. Craig and I went to school in the morning like normal. Then late this afternoon took Jilly to the barn to see Sophie and the other dogs while we dropped off a new container of Raspberry Leaves for Sophie. Jilly *loved* Hammer, a huge Lab mix. He liked her too. I was surprised because he's gigantic and bigger than any of the dogs at puppy class, but she wasn't scared of him at all. But now that I think about it, she liked the French Mastiff the best out of the other dogs at puppy class by the end of the classes too.

After the barn we went to Carriage Hill to go for a hike. We did somewhere around 2.6 miles and had a blast. We walked mainly, but would jog for a minute or two every now and then. Jilly did great on her stretchy lead, better than the last hike. She stayed even with us or ahead of us the whole time and when she did stop she would start walking ahead of us again as soon as we reached her, never causing *us* to stop or move her out of the way.

Toward the end of the hike we were getting back over to "our" parking lot Craig said, "There's a little dog over there, did you see it?" I hadn't seen it and asked him where it was, he told me we'd walk over so I could see it. I'm thinking it's across the pond on the trail or something. Then a little white and sable dog pops out from behind the shelter right by us...it's a Papillon!!!!! It looked like Jilly's mom. It was very cute, wearing a little pink cheerleading outfit. It was very friendly and her name is Skeeter. I didn't have my camera, so no pictures, but she and Jilly really enjoyed meeting each other. She was very tall though, like a supersized Papillon!

Jilly didn't seem tired by the time we were done, she was still racing ahead and greeting new people left and right, but she actually went up to the car on her own and walked right up to my door once I was sitting down in the seat. She also jumped up into my arms a little when I picked her up, she sat right down on my lap and after I gave her a drink in her portable water bowl she laid right down for the rest of the trip home. She did whimper a little on the way to the barn and on the way to Carriage Hill, but on the way home...not a peep.

As soon as we arrived at home our neighbors were just arriving home and Mitch was in the front yard, so Jilly chased Mitch around for a couple of minutes before he went inside. And I thought she'd be tired! We put her in the yard while we walked around the front of the house, let her in, she chased Kitty a bit, got something to drink and eat, and she is now zonked out on the couch...flat on her side. I think she is going to sleep *very* soundly tonight!

In other news, we will have to house hunt once we make it down to Florida in April. Unfortunately there was a problem with the house we were buying and we were unable to resolve the problem with the sellers. So, we're still looking.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable puppy. Sorry to hear about the house, but this means you'll be able to find an even better one in person :)

    ReplyDelete