Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm Behind, I Know...

I am two puppy classes behind, plus three puppy classes behind for pictures! Aaaaaack. Jilly is still doing great at puppy class. For the fourth class we worked on recall exercises where we walked away from the dog while the instructor held it behind us, then calling the dog and running away from it, and added something to puppy push ups, stand, in addition to down and sit. We also worked on going fast and slow while heeling in addition to about faces (180 degree turns).

In the last class we changed the recall exercise a little, but having the dog come to us while we stood in one place. We also did puppy push ups, which Jilly won again (she won it the previous week too). I got stuck hanging onto the French Mastiff for an exercise again, it started out really well, and then the dog went nuts again. Oh well. Then there were more heeling exercises and working on stay, which Jilly does *awesome* at.

On the health front, Jilly is doing terrific. Her UTI is completely gone and I can't see any sign of vaginitis anymore, she's no longer licking her vulva and she's going much longer between potty trips, and she pees for a lot longer than she used to. We'll still wait until after a heat cycle though, just to be safe that her reproductive system is fully mature.

Last week Craig and I were in a bind, getting the house ready to show for potential renters, so I tried something new. Sorry about the visual, but Jilly showered *with* me. Crazy, right? It was soooo easy and fast. She seemed to like it better than being bathed in the sink (or she was just in shock). I think she got a lot cleaner too.

Craig is sick and Jilly is taking advantage of it by stealing Kleenexes from the box and shredding them. She has also begun having inappropriate relations with her octopus. We've given her "the talk" and she seems to have subsided somewhat, we're hoping it's just a phase.

We've had two potential renters look at the house, both loved it, so we'll see how that goes. We bought a house in Florida, I'll post about it in another post, when I get a chance. I posted on my other blog, but we've decided to leave Sophie in Ohio for a while after we move to Florida, which will be good for me in the long run, because Sophie will be in full training and come to Florida a much improved horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment